Saturday, April 25, 2015

Best in Blogs April 19-24 #amwriting #amreading

Project Mayhem
The manic minds of Middle Grade Writers - thoughts on secondary characters
"Sometimes writing is all about the pre-writing. What has to happen in this scene to move the story forward? What's driving that secondary character's arc? Who has the magic, and what are they going to do with it? Who's going to be pissed off at the result?"

Adventures in YA Publishing
Great blog for writing advice, information, and excellent giveaways! I'm crossing my fingers on this one.
"So many great books, so many beautiful covers - it's an embarrassment of riches this week. We have fourteen new books to share with you, nine author interviews, and three awesome giveaways. Check out what's hitting the shelves this week and make sure to enter to win below. "

Michelle 4 Laughs
Writing blog with great contests and in this case, an excellent discussion on trends in writing contests
"Trends in Contests
Now that Pitchslam is over, I decided to put together a few thoughts on how contests have changed and where they might be headed."

Operation Awesome
Great group of writers
"Is your character someone to root for?"

Emblazon
Writing Stories on the Hearts of Children - this post describes me exactly!
"I admit it. I’m a skimmer. Show me a bloated chunk of descriptive text and my eyes glaze over. I don’t care about every detail in a room, or each step that must be performed in making a sandwich. I have a decent enough imagination."



No comments:

Post a Comment